- Changing the login screen is pretty easy. All you need to do is copy the background that you do want to the following location
- From There you have rename the background.bmp file to something else
- Now just rename your file to background.bmp and there you go.
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Don't like the Windows 7 login screen background? Well You can change it and here is how.
at 9:55 AM
Windows 7 requires you to put in your password every time your computer boots up or goes to sleep. Here is how to get around that.
- Start Run and control userpasswords2
- Uncheck the option 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer' and click OK
- Confirm that you now don't get prompted for a password when booting up.
at 9:49 AM
The Areo Glossy Transparent window effect is one of the best features in Windows 7. Here is how to enable it for your self.
Start CMD with Administrative Privileges
Type the following commands
Now Attempt to Enable Aero by right clicking on desktop-> Personalize ->Windows Colors.
- Launch regedit - Start -> Run -> Regedit
- Navigate to the follow key
- Create the follow Dword 32bit entries
- UseMachineCheck and set the value to 0
- Blur and set the value to 0
- Animations and set the value to 0
- netstop uxsms
- netstart uxsms
at 9:43 AM
Want to get rid of that annoying send feedback link in windows 7. Here is how.
- Luanch Regedit - Start -> run -> regedit
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop
- Set FeedbackToolEnabled to 0. If there is no FeedbackToolEnable key then create it.
- Hit okay
- Log Off and and back On for the changes to take effect.
at 9:28 AM
Windows 7 has a dozen keyboard shortcuts to make your life easier. Here are some of them.
- Dock Window To The Left or Right - Win + Left arrow key or Win + Right arrow key
- Maximize or Restore a Windows - Win + Up arrow or Win + Down arrow
- Navigate to Parent Folder or Go Back or Forward - Alt + Up Arrow key or Alt + Left arrow Key or Alt + Right arrow key
- Access The Jump List of Program (#) - Win + Alt + Number (#) of program in the list.
- Select a Block of Text - Ctrl + Shift + Any arrow key
- Search or Find Folders - F3 Key
- Easily Switch Between Running Programs - Ctrl + Alt + Tab
- Open The Task Manager - Ctrl + Alt + Escape Key
at 9:18 AM